Storage Auctions

Want To Go Bowling?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Want To Go Bowling?
« on: May 21, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
Just got back from an auction. Won a nice furniture unit but I also bought a unit that I'm not so sure about.

The unit contains bowling pins. Not just a few...more like every pin at an entire bowling alley. Probably 50 cases of 10 pins. They're used but there still appears to be a market for them, albeit very limited. They're selling for about $20 a case on eBay so I should do alright if I can just find a buyer for all of them. Only paid $200 for the unit. There was also 75 +/- children's stackable metal chairs and some other daycare furniture. 

Anyway, if I can't find a bowling alley to sell the pins to, I hear people also use them for target practice.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: Want To Go Bowling?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »
Where in the heck are you going to find people looking for targets?   Your in Texas.  Not much of a gun culture here.   ;D

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »
Nope, no guns here....wait, Obama didn't get his way...whew! We still have guns. Lots of them. My step father is a fanatic. When Obama started in with gun control, he went out and bought 4 AR-15s and several thousand rounds of ammunition to add to his arsenal of over 100 rifles & pistols. I'm content with a deer rifle, shotgun and a 9 MM.

Anyway, back to the subject. I think I found another market for these pins:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bowling+pin+art&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4C6cUfPvCI_i8gSopYGIDQ&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1519&bih=690

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 11:26:20 PM »
Oh yeah, i have friends that went nuts. Semi-auto tactical shotgun with high capacity clips.  Sniper rifles. Silencers.   One even paid out the tax to get fully auto hardware.

I want to  have firearms for self defense and survivalist  situations.  Some for sport.  But I don't need to be able to invade small third old countries!

However, grenades would be cool.  Home defense you understand.   I'm a bad shot.   ;D

Offline Charli

• Writer
    • View Profile
    • iBid4storage
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 10:42:34 AM »
If the children's chairs are in good condition and you want to make a donation, consider a shelter for battered women. We use to do food drives for them in Texas.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 02:30:26 PM »
Just got off the phone with a bowling alley that offered me $3 a pin. Went back to the unit and there may be more than 50 cases. Possibly up to 70 cases. Either way that's $1500-$2100 on a $200 locker and I haven't even got to the chairs or daycare furniture yet. This could turn out to be one of my most profitable lockers of all time on a percentage basis.

Offline MTP

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 05:54:53 PM »
Always amazes me that people use the self defense argument on why they need guns.

Other countries people don't get shot all day long even though they don't have guns... and guess what, YES criminals there DO have guns too. LOL...

Don't get your panties all in a bunch. You can keep your 2nd Amendment rights (WHATEVER they truely are). But who needs one or FOUR AR15s for self defense???

Reality check, IF the government comes after you OR a foreign country invades your measly AR15 will not save your butt from nothing. If anything you just made yourself a big fat target. LOL

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 06:33:10 PM »
Always amazes me that people use the self defense argument on why they need guns.

Having been in a position where having a gun saved me......I consider it a pretty d*mn good argument.

As far as AR's.   yeah, not much of a need for home defence.  But I believe citizens should be armed to defend our county against threats, foreign or domestic.    We sure were cautious going into Iraq untill we confiscated citizens arms.  Then it was game on....
Every country is invaded at some point.  Remember, The Romans thought they could never be defeated. Where are they?

My biggest complaint on AR's debate.....
No one cares if someone has a mini-14 to hunt.    But an AR?   That's an assualt weapon!  Just for killing people!   

It's the same thing.  Just one LOOKS all scary. 

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 06:45:22 PM »
An AR-15 is just a rifle with a modern look. Like any other semi automatic rifle, it is only going to fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. It's just shorter and lighter...which is great for defending yourself in tight spaces.

I don't think it's necessary to have an arsenal but I'd die defending my right to bear arms.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »
Watch these in the following order. This happened in my town.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 06:12:16 PM »
Going off the video I'd have to agree with he victim. The arresting officer and Sargent need to be fired.

I've never understood how you can be arrested for resisting arrested.  Charged with, yes....After they say "your under arrest".  You need to be placed under arrest before you can resist it! 

I also don't like the "searching you for our saftey"
Guy committed no visible crime.  You don't feel safe?  Walk away.   

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 08:15:59 PM »
The funny thing is, the victim actually runs one of the largest military blogs in the United States. His blog gets more traffic than this forum....pretty impressive. He's using his blog to bring awareness to this.

Check it out http://asp.militarygear.com/

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 07:05:16 PM »
An AR-15 is nothing more than a .22 with a bunch of gunpowder - LOL!

It's a bit more technical than that......   :-[

[/quote]
If you really want to do some damage, a hollow point .38 snub nose would be about the best for home defense. Simple, small and easy to use for just about anybody. Add in a couple of speed loaders and you are good to go.
[/quote]

I'm with you on the .38
Plus it's got 'the look'.  Even the smaller models. It's intimidating looking. 

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 07:16:50 PM »

If you really want to do some damage, a hollow point .38 snub nose would be about the best for home defense.

I've shot a six-inch S&W from one end of my garage to the other with a shot-loaded shell (the blue-cap) type. It filled an 18" square piece of plywood with a nice tight pattern and in the semi-dark (like a bedroom might be) it made a nice bang and flash too.

A shot like that would dissuade most prowlers (if they got that far) and the next round (or the round after that) could be something stronger.

In the middle of the night, groggy from sleep it might be better to let off some small pellets of shot at that dark figure in the doorway.  Sometimes innocent people get shot in those situations.

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 07:37:33 PM »
An AR-15 is nothing more than a .22 with a bunch of gunpowder - LOL!

If you really want to do some damage, a hollow point .38 snub nose would be about the best for home defense. Simple, small and easy to use for just about anybody. Add in a couple of speed loaders and you are good to go.

Now that we've completely derailed this thread i'll throw in my $.02.

For home defense I think the best is a short barreled 12 guage, pump action, loaded with 00 buckshot.  You don't have to be a great aim, and it will take anything in your way down.