Storage Auctions

Our recent units...

Our recent units...
« on: October 12, 2011, 02:18:39 AM »
Well, about a month ago my husband bid on this locker... We got it. 10 x 30 spent lil over 1000 on it. We lost our butts. Was a drug unit. Bunch of flasks and such. We lost about 400 on that unit. I went to the next auction with him. The unit that we got there... We spent 800 on on this unit. 10 x 30 again. The previous owner was a store owner. We really scored... Or u would think. I have aprox. 3000 scooter accessories. Brand new Disney and looney tunes toys and collectibles. About 80 new ceramic dogs, 3D dog coffee mugs, NASCAR coffee mugs, oh yea and about 600 toy story 2 items that I already sold. We have made our money back on the unit. We still have a large amount of inventory. I have things listed on eBay, craigslist, freebay, and I have my webpage on all of my listings. I have contacted the local sports outlets for the scooter accessories. But only sold a few dozen. I told my husband that we may just need to store the scoter parts till spring. We live in Orange County so u would think that there would be a demand for them most of the time... Ya guess not. Anywho I really like the unit. I c the money sitting there. I get so excited when I think about that money sitting there.... But I can't get ppl to buy... Hmmmm. Thanks for reading. Have a great night. Happy hunting. Sweet dreams.

Re: Our recent units...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
Congrats.Way not to give up after the 1st unit.Good luck!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 08:03:19 PM »
Good lock selling the rest of the stuff

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 01:46:12 AM »
We have been doin this for about a yr now. Most of the units we have doubled our $... But then u get those few that turn to Poooo.  :o Dooooo! I found a new site for posting. I put it in the new listing area...  ;D
Thank for the replies. Good Night to U all.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »
Well, about a month ago my husband bid on this locker... We got it. 10 x 30 spent lil over 1000 on it. We lost our butts. Was a drug unit. Bunch of flasks and such. We lost about 400 on that unit. I went to the next auction with him. The unit that we got there... We spent 800 on on this unit. 10 x 30 again. The previous owner was a store owner. We really scored... Or u would think. I have aprox. 3000 scooter accessories. Brand new Disney and looney tunes toys and collectibles. About 80 new ceramic dogs, 3D dog coffee mugs, NASCAR coffee mugs, oh yea and about 600 toy story 2 items that I already sold. We have made our money back on the unit. We still have a large amount of inventory. I have things listed on eBay, craigslist, freebay, and I have my webpage on all of my listings. I have contacted the local sports outlets for the scooter accessories. But only sold a few dozen. I told my husband that we may just need to store the scoter parts till spring. We live in Orange County so u would think that there would be a demand for them most of the time... Ya guess not. Anywho I really like the unit. I c the money sitting there. I get so excited when I think about that money sitting there.... But I can't get ppl to buy... Hmmmm. Thanks for reading. Have a great night. Happy hunting. Sweet dreams.
How did you loose on the 10x30 that you paid 1000? Didnt the tv shows on storage auctions that you watch teach you to only bid on what you can see at the door. You sound super smart so what did you see that was 1000 at the door. Or even better you should of seen 2000 to bid 1000 to make profit

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 11:54:57 PM »
I was in rout. My husband got the unit before I could c it. I think he got caught up in the moment. And he was on the phone with me talking about buying the unit while he was bidding... It got away from him! DOOOOOOOooooooo. I actually still have one antique vanity table that I'm tryin to sell for 200. If I can get rid of that and a few other items I think we will hit about Even by the time we sell the few salvageable items out of it. For example; there was a craftsman cabinet that I sold for 100 a green vintage dresser/cabinet shabby sheik style for 65, a really cool mid century dresser for 125, some recyclables for about 130 I think... Ummm there is this cool bird cage that I can sell for about 100. And then there r about 30 dang baskets that I need to list. And a whole bunch of lil shelf type things. U know how terriers collect random items... Well this was one of Rhodes units. Like we had about 50 keys??? Not old cool keys but mail box and house keys. Most everything in that unit was transformed into something else!!! Oh brother.  ::) I think we will have one last yard sale before the yr is up... We don't want the neighbors gettin all upset cause we r congesting the alley with our buyers.  ;D :P ;) no really we don't. Cause we need to do this all over again next yr if we r gonna survive. Oh yea. The crappiest thing about this unit... There was cactus plants all over the front of the unit. By the time we got done loadin all the garbage up we were crying cause we had so many lil needles in our arms, hands, legs, .... And anywhere else we touched.  ::) thanks for readin this post. Will talk about our latest hunt in a new post. Nothin exciting...at all

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 07:25:03 PM »
Yea and landed us with 2 more kids, this house, our 2 companies, 2 dogs, our maca,  a van,...(That is, I'm talking about getting caught in the moment generaly speaking). Getting caught in the moment is not a bad thing. Ur usually having a good time... in that moment.  ;)

xx
Recent Finds From An Auction In Brooklyn

Started by Nystorageking

17 Replies
Last post January 30, 2013, 07:05:13 PM
by Nystorageking
xx
Recent find in newest locker...

Started by mj74

3 Replies
Last post October 10, 2012, 01:52:30 PM
by mj74
xx
whats a few of the best things u found at ur most recent auction?

Started by BigBizzz

6 Replies
Last post August 18, 2011, 05:20:15 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Anyone Part Of Ebay Partner Network? What Do You Think Of Recent Changes?

Started by rulesforrebels

4 Replies
Last post February 18, 2014, 10:35:34 AM
by rulesforrebels