Storage Auctions

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA!

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA!
« on: April 22, 2011, 01:45:07 AM »
Hey,

I'm new to the forums so whats up.

I'm in this business full time and run a one man show.I've been doing this for a year on May 19th.  I go to auctions from San Francisco down to Salinas and anywhere in between. I sell at the Flea Market, on Craigslist, Ebay, and some garage sales (not always in that order).

Doesn't look like many people from this area post on this forum but there are certainly a lot of people out at the auctions since around December.

Almost no more real cheap lockers in this area and San Jose especially has got a ton of people out there buying and it's commonly a brand new face that wins.

The regulars are still around but for how long I'm not sure. At the prices stuff goes at around here it's pretty tough to get a winner every time.

The price of gas cuts into profit big time as well.

Hopefully I can get some replies to this post and kick around some info about this part of California.

Thanks!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 06:51:17 AM »
Hey welcome to the forums.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 08:51:15 AM »
Welcome to the forums.

Everything you said in your post above sounds right. I've been hearing this from the cental valley bidders who
make it to the Bay area. With a large population to draw from a bunch of new bidders sounds right, but maybe the crowd trend will slowly go down.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 09:36:29 PM »
Ya maybe the crowds will thin now that the tax season is over. Also though a lot of the regulars are extra hungry and need more stuff since they have been getting less over the past 6 months. So even regulars are bidding a lot higher than they normally would for the simple fact they need more product.

Anybody have any input who goes to auctions in this area? Favorite Auctions? Favorite Auctioneer?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 10:46:44 PM »
So even regulars are bidding a lot higher than they normally would for the simple fact they need more product.

This is exactly what is happening in my area. Can't sell from empty shelves.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 06:55:05 PM »
I'm telling you guys...it's gonna thin out....I went to an auction Wednesday for 10 units and only a dozen or so people showed up...the lockers were not the greatest....and the bids went accordingly...this was in the eastbay area.

I still have yet to purchase a locker because I am still in my "planning" stages of my business but am confident that when I'm ready to bid (June) it will be back to a somewhat reasonable state....

and unfortunately this "trend" has forced some regulars out of the game because of the lack of product due to high bids and that can only help those of us that will get into it in the near future...

let's talk about this again in a year....

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »
Smart.Plan and stick with it.Highly increases your chance of success.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »

let's talk about this again in a year....

I've pencilled it in on my calendar. See you then !

xx
Largest unit ever sold online! - San Francisco Storage Auction

Started by Travis

14 Replies
Last post July 02, 2014, 07:04:30 PM
by Travis
xx
Hi from ATL area

Started by The Young Gun

3 Replies
Last post January 06, 2011, 06:24:03 AM
by Ironman