Storage Auctions

Alcohol Stove

Alcohol Stove
« on: January 13, 2014, 08:23:24 PM »
I've seen a fair number of alcohol stoves, but usually they're very small for backpackers.  First one I've seen like this.  The enamel color on it, as well as the age of most things from this unit leads me to think 1970's.  Beyond that I can't identify a brand or any way to assign a value.

poohboy.com/ebay/20140113_190156.jpg
poohboy.com/ebay/20140113_190229.jpg
poohboy.com/ebay/20140113_190239.jpg

The label lead me towards the possibility of it being a fondue heater, but the design looks more like a stove.  Much shorter and closer to the flame than the fondue sets I see online.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Alcohol Stove
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 08:35:55 PM »

The label lead me towards the possibility of it being a fondue heater, but the design looks more like a stove.  Much shorter and closer to the flame than the fondue sets I see online.

Uh, yes, the label leads one to believe it is a fondue heater.

No matter what it is it can't be worth much...nothing to put on top to be heated up. Why are you investing even this much time in checking it out?

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »
No real reason, Just caught my eye is all.   Usually when something catches my eye 2 minutes on google or ebay and I have a pretty good idea what it is and is worth.  This one I couldn't find anything on.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:45:58 AM »
Yeah, looks like a base to a fondue kit. Looks like it could double as a burner. Might get $5 at the flea market. If you had all pieces, you'd still only be at $20 at best.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 04:59:57 PM »
Was thinking it'd make a pretty good item for a prepper.  (emergency stove)  Might try to market it that way.  Crazies who think the world is coming to an end pay high prices for the wierdest junk...