Storage Auctions

Antique and Collectibles - online price guide

Antique and Collectibles - online price guide
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:58:09 PM »
Let me start with the link:

http://www.kovels.com/

I was researching the history and possible value of an antique boot I found in a collectibles collection I recently purchased.  I have already posted a thread for the boot on here, so I am not going to get into that in this thread.

I contacted the boot manufacturer, which is still in business today.  They emailed me back today and gave me a little history lesson on their company and told me to go to kovels.com to find the current prices of their merchandise.

I went to that site and signed up for the free account.  I tried searching the price guide, but found nothing pertaining to that boot company, which is what I expected.  Well, they have a forum on there too.  I started a thread, coppied the one from that I posted on this forum, and am waiting to see if I get an answer.

I just figured this might be a good resource to add to your arsenal for looking up prices of items pulled from units.

Anyways, check it out, don't check it out, your choice.  I just thought I would pass it along.

Also, if anyone has more sites for researching prices of antiques and collectibles, fell free to add them to this thread.  I will also add more as I go. 

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Antique and Collectibles - online price guide
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 02:21:42 PM »
Thanks for the link, I am bookmarking it now :)

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:01:25 PM »
Well, sad to report, but of the few things I have tried to look up on their price guides, I have had no luck.

Also, with the boot I posted in their forum, I have had 4 people view the thread overnight and no replies.  I hope with over 46,000 registered users, they will have at least one person that can lead me in the right direction.

I am off of work from my regular job for the next couple of days.  If I do any research and find more sites to try and get prices, I will pass them along.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 08:19:13 PM »
I found a decent article on researching value and getting antiques appraised.

antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online]http://antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online

I also found a community driven online appraisal site.  I am posting a link, but I have not tried it out yet.

instappraisal.com/]http://www.instappraisal.com/

I just signed up at instappraisal.  I also posted an item for review.  One cool thing I like about it is that you have an option to list it in their free classifieds.  I guess we can consider that site a place to get prices and another place to sell, maybe.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 01:47:33 AM »
I am so dang excited that I have found this website! I have felt sooo alone in the big world of auction hunting and then trying to research... And then pricing.... And then selling.... OMG I could spend all night on here reading all these cool ideas that ppl r just giving out. It truly is a relief. Thanks to everyone.! Now i am going to bed cause my 2 kids will be up bright and early in the morn... Yawn.

xx
Beckett Online Price Guide

Started by craiglstauction

3 Replies
Last post November 07, 2011, 08:23:02 PM
by craiglstauction
xx
the price of online auctions

Started by JustJokin

12 Replies
Last post October 14, 2011, 05:15:54 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Valuing Figurines & Small Shelf Collectibles

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post January 03, 2013, 08:11:17 PM
by Travis
xx
Is it more advantageous to start an eBay auction at a low price or higher price?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 12:44:21 PM
by StorageAuctionFinds