Storage Auctions

Upholstery fabric

Upholstery fabric
« on: January 10, 2014, 08:57:12 AM »
I found some nice upholstery fabric in a locker and have tried a couple of upholstery shops and no luck.  Do you guys know where else I might unload it. 

Re: Upholstery fabric
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 12:01:53 PM »
Try furniture refinishers or shabby chic shops. They're always looking for materials.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 12:12:18 PM »
Yeah, sell directly to someone who needs it. Don't sell it on Craigslist, you'll be lucky to get $5 a spool and it will take forever to sell all of them. Also, you'll do better selling it as a lot than individually. If you sell it individually, people will come out and cherry pick the good fabric leaving you with rolls you'll never sell.

Also, you might consider keeping some of it. It seems like every couple of months I get some dining chairs with stains all over them. Recovering them is easy and essentially free if you already have the fabric. Not only that, you can market the chairs as reupholstered and get a little extra for them.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 03:54:03 PM »
Last locker I bought had 15 or 20 tubs of the stuff, but in various sample sizes, no whole rolls. I was worried when I first got them, but at 50 cent each I sold a couple tubs within a week, and then sold the rest for $90 as a lot. Its not an ideal thing to try and sell, but there truly is money in everything.