Storage Auctions

Eating on the go

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Eating on the go
« on: July 08, 2014, 08:10:16 PM »
When you attend caravan auctions, do you pack a lunch/drinks or just grab fast food in between auctions?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Eating on the go
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »
I always stop that this places called "Jane's" that specializes in shellfish. I like to stop there because Jane has the best crabs around.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 10:34:28 PM »
I always stop that this places called "Jane's" that specializes in shellfish. I like to stop there because Jane has the best crabs around.

:-[   I bet all the locals are just itching to eat there.

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 10:40:20 AM »
Used to just starve. Not a good strategy. Lately I pack a lunch that can be eaten while driving.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 08:18:45 AM »
packed lunch or 711 stop

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 01:09:28 PM »
I try to pack a lunch, but most times I grab something in between stops. Going all day without eating is not a good idea. I think I can attribute some poor bidding strategies to being hungry/low blood sugar.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 09:50:11 AM »
I will usually grab something between auctions, especially if I didn't purchase a unit at the previous one. While the other buyers are paying for their units it gives you plenty of time to get something to go. Beats waiting around in the sun for 20 minutes(or more) at the next auction stop.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 06:12:21 PM »
packed lunch or 711 stop

Not a fan of 7/11 food but have to admit I like AM/PM burgers.....2-for-$1. I don't think its even meat.....or real bread.....but for some reason I love those things.  And I don't even eat fast food (except in-n-out burger...and watchaburger but we don't have those hear so it's not often)

I keep food in my car. Almonds. Tuna. Hardtack style crackers. Even have a little cooler that's wired in and has a little battery pack and solar panel for when car is off.  It's only big enough for a six pack but good for fruit or sandwich.  Downside is I go thru times when I don't drive for far ....doesn't recharge....even with solar and battery it only lasts like 24hrs a charge.  Solar will give enough juice to keep drinks cool but not preserve food.  BUT you need actual sun....I have tinted windows and a car port.   I sometimes have science projects instead of food in cooler. 

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 07:41:43 AM »
I pack a lunch and tons of bottled water in a cooler.  I am in Texas after all and it gets really hot.  Though lately the RaceTrack in the Dallas area offers a free refill cup that I have been using for tea and water.