Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 08:10:06 PM »
Hey Sam!

Welcome To the Forums!!

Sounds like that first unit would have been a good one!

Let us know how your journeys go and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask!

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 12:07:17 PM »
It is good to just watch a few auctions before actually buying a unit.  Be prepared to not find anything in your first buy as well.  Most units do not have a great treasure in them a few do most are full of normal household goods of little resale value.  If your unlucky you will get a unit full of trash so figure in dump fees to any potential purchase. I always figure at least $20 at the dump for the samllest of units and big unit $100 minimum at the dump. I have spent $200 at the dump on one unit before and I have had units with no trash as well. Do not get to discouraged if you do not find a great item in your first unit.  The more units you buy the better the odds you will find treasure.  I bought about 40 units last year. 3 had really good treasure in them the rest varied from total trash to okay. Just to give you an idea of theodds. Be sure to have a way to get rid of the trash quick so it does not take all your valuable storage space at home.  Goodwill gets a lot from me what is not good enough for them goes right to the dump.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 07:43:05 AM »
Hey Sam

What about the Marietta area and Kennesaw?
looks like 15-29 auctions a day?
Have you purchased any yet?
how did they go?
Thanks!
Terry