Storage Auctions

Got an email from the site I normally bid online about extending ending time

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
Heck, we're the largest storage auction website in the world and it's been difficult for us to attract storage clients.

You have a different definition of largest then I do.  SB is the largest, everyone else has no auctions.

You have the largest Storage Auction Forum Website, where 80% of the new topics were started by yourself in the last year.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
You have a different definition of largest then I do.  SB is the largest, everyone else has no auctions.

You have the largest Storage Auction Forum Website, where 80% of the new topics were started by yourself in the last year.

The auctions are just a small part of this site. SB has a few dozen permanent pages, the other several hundred pages are auctions which appear one day and are deleted a week later. We have over 75K pages of permanent content and we're adding over a quarter million more pages this month when our auction schedule goes live. So yeah, I guess my definition of largest is different than yours.

And yes, I do come up most of the new topics, which is probably why our forum isn't stagnant like the others in our niche.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
The auctions are just a small part of this site. SB has a few dozen permanent pages, the other several hundred pages are auctions which appear one day and are deleted a week later. We have over 75K pages of permanent content and we're adding over a quarter million more pages this month when our auction schedule goes live. So yeah, I guess my definition of largest is different than yours.

And yes, I do come up most of the new topics, which is probably why our forum isn't stagnant like the others in our niche.

# of pages of content is not the measurement that business people use to equate value.  Market Cap of a company is what determines value, which is driven by financial statements.

I'm sure the site with the most revenue in this ONLINE Storage auction business, and therefore the most largest is SB.

Also, since you pretty much single handily keep this forum going and you are the most active poster and topic starter (but you're going to run out of material too) - This forum I do consider stagnant - It's not dead, but it's not growing.  Comparing your stats, their's less and less activity on these forums on the year over year basis.  So it's shrinking, it's in the declining phase.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
# of pages of content is not the measurement that business people use to equate value.  Market Cap of a company is what determines value, which is driven by financial statements.

Don't try to spin this. We're talking about which site is larger, not which one makes more money. We're a free site/service, of course they make more money.

I'm sure the site with the most revenue in this ONLINE Storage auction business, and therefore the most largest is SB.

That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That's like saying a bottle of Evian contains more water than an ocean simply because it sells for more. A site's size has nothing to do with it's revenue.

This forum I do consider stagnant - It's not dead, but it's not growing.  Comparing your stats, their's less and less activity on these forums on the year over year basis.  So it's shrinking, it's in the declining phase. 

You're way off again. Interest in storage auctions has been on the decline for years; However, OSA is actually growing in a declining market. As a matter of fact, traffic increased by 25,000 visitors last month alone and when the auction schedule goes live this month, our traffic should double, even triple. I assure you, we're not shrinking. Between new articles, forum posts and blog comments, we're growing at a rate equivalent to a hundred articles a month.

I guess if people Don't like the Soft Close, the buyers will go elsewhere... Stop buying online and then where does that leave them???  Don't confuse this topic with a MINE is bigger than your game.. This is a real issue that will cost all of us time and money in the long run!

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Don't confuse this topic with a MINE is bigger than your game..

Thanks for keeping us in check...  ;)

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
You're way off again. Interest in storage auctions has been on the decline for years; However, OSA is actually growing in a declining market. As a matter of fact, traffic increased by 25,000 visitors last month alone and when the auction schedule goes live this month, our traffic should double, even triple. I assure you, we're not shrinking. Between new articles, forum posts and blog comments, we're growing at a rate equivalent to a hundred articles a month.

It's your forum stats..

http://onlinestorageauctions.com/forum/stats/

2013 - 33,471,656 (Page views)
2014 - 7,425,131 (page Views)

2013 - 10,015 (Posts)
2014 - 5355 (Posts)

2013 - 630 New Members
2014 - 280 New Member

Granted you got 2 months left.. But lets not kid ourselves - It's in the decline - even you can't contest you own stats, oh wait, yeah you again. Because you'll spin this... Saying well we got a blog or another portion of the site making up for the declining traffic on the forum.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Luke, there are a lot of factors that influence those metrics and it's not fair to make an assumption like that without considering them all.

There is no arguing that the forum's activity has declined, but it's not just our forum, it's the industry as a whole. In November 2010, this industry underwent a boom which was brought on by the storage auction reality shows. Nowadays, interest in storage auctions is near what it was before storage auctions were thrust into the limelight. You didn't think the "gold rush" would last forever did you?

Now, some of the stats you see in the info center are accurate, while others are way off. Luke, you know that, you own a SMF forum as well. New topics and posts are accurate. New member stats are influenced by a number of factors, one of which being how aggressive the admin/mods are against spam registrations. Most online and page views are completely inaccurate since there isn't a way for us to tell real users from bots and spiders.

Now, take a look at the monthly page views and see if you can tell when they plummeted. February & March 2014 right? Know what other event corresponds with that date? The forum, which was StorageAuctionForums.com, was moved to OnlineStorageAuctions.com. Even though we did a site wide 301 redirect, a lot of the old content wasn't re-indexed by the search engines. It was an unfortunate but necessary side effect. I knew it would take time to completely recover, but moving the forum to OSA was crucial to the site's growth. But don't let those numbers fool you, our visitors and page views are at an all time high.

:72:

Got the email that they disabled the soft close feature... Hope it stays that way.. So much easier to bid from my computer....

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
:72:

Got the email that they disabled the soft close feature... Hope it stays that way.. So much easier to bid from my computer....

Imagine that. We should start a thread about their logo and see if they change that too.  :043:

Imagine that. We should start a thread about their logo and see if they change that too.  :043:

I like their Logo....

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
I like their Logo....

I was just using that as an example. Their logo is okay. I don't see where the antique style padlock with the keyhole in the side fits in, but to each his own. At least it isn't a copy of the logo which seems to be prevalent in the industry. Oh wait, it's about to be!

I wonder who ripped who off - Store It All Self Storage or Storage Treasures?

xx
A lot of the new members have email addresses at this site....

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post March 30, 2011, 10:43:37 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Forum email of notification time is significantly lagging

Started by rollinradios

5 Replies
Last post August 14, 2011, 03:07:25 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Online auction form - Time to Remove