Storage Auctions

North Georgia

North Georgia
« on: August 10, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »
Going to hit a small run in North Georgia this weekend.  Last two weeks have been slow on the auction side and I am getting restless.  Looking for a "horse unit"...have never found one though.  Saddles, tack, etc.  Will see how it goes and let you know.

Btw CL is picking up again this week.  Sold a tube tv/boat anchor and have a couple of apts set for this weekend.

Re: North Georgia
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:10:37 PM »
Good luck to ya beauzero.  I've yet to see any "horse" type unit.  About as close as I've gotten is a cowboy hat and some boots.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 09:49:23 AM »
2 "good/interesting" lockers but too far from home to bid on.  Went between 700-900.  3 guys in BMWs that paid too much for 4 lockers of crap to so-so.  Old timers took them to school.  The most vicious I have seen in a while.  They bought 4 units...one kept telling everyone he wanted to go drink beer.  Spent about $500 total and all of it went for "schooling".

I bought a locker that had a Sunn CL 190L in it with matching cabinet for $250.  Had a Peavey Special 130 (working) and a Fender 35 (working).  The Sunn will be a cold days project.  But will be really fun to work on and I will probably just keep it.  Trying to educate myself on better music equipment.  Half of a Peavey pa system...and a HUGE cabinet with a JBL 140K on the bottom...and a "no label" on the top.  No clean out necessary.  Looks like a quick break even with some Sunn 60's gear left over for me.  Daughter was a lot miffed because she knew there wouldn't be any profit in it for us (well minimal) and she wants to keep my nose to the grindstone :).

...units were better quality than I was expecting though.  None of the furniture was in the 500+ range but the knick knacks were interesting.  Saw a unit with an early 70's Sears bike in beautiful shape.  All original parts.  Couple of guns and an original (not slimline) PS3 covered in dust.  The guys running the units seemed honest and I talked to a lady who had been doing that run fro 17+ years.  Generally honest no hanky panky SU owners.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:08:29 AM »
Sounds like a good day for ya.  I have to be careful with music equipment.  My kids end up keeping most of it.  First unit I ever purchased was a small closet size unit that had a guitar.  I paid more for the unit than I would if was going to re-sell since we wanted the guitar for christmas.  Even after buying the unit, restring, etc. was about $50-75 less then a new one.  Daughter has purchased a auto-harp from another unit buyer to learn to play.  They want a piano....will end up with one soon I suspect.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 09:46:45 PM »
Thx for the advice listing on cl over next few days.  Will list half high half low and see how it goes.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 05:38:50 PM »
They want a piano....will end up with one soon I suspect.

Could always ask a church if they have an old one..

Really I almost miss quoted.... Was thinking Rockin might have one but those were pool tables... LOL

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 05:41:56 PM »
beauzero sounds like you are doing well. 

Storage buying is like going to school always learning something about the stuff you find.

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 07:06:28 PM »
Turned it over to a friend to move and are focusing on fixing and "slow moving" the Sunn 190L and cabinet.  Very very interesting niche.  I figure that in 2 or 3 years I may have a decent understanding of what I am looking at.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
...wrap up.  Sunn CL 190 head was a slow sell.  Moved it right after Christmas for $600.  If only I played a guitar.  The kids that bought it plugged in to test it out and the sound that came out was just amazing.

xx
Hello all from NE Georgia

Started by ChefJ

2 Replies
Last post July 24, 2011, 08:36:53 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Hello from Georgia

Started by Benluby

2 Replies
Last post August 29, 2011, 10:30:31 PM
by monkeybusiness