Storage Auctions

Went to an auction and there was a man living inside the unit

Went to an auction and there was a man living inside the unit
« on: January 01, 2014, 12:23:26 PM »
  Pretty much what the title says. They couldn't get the door open more than  a foot. Finally someone laid down and looked under the door to find someone holding the door shut . He told the guy  " dont steal my stuff". They ended up calling the police as he refused to come out. After a while he came out and ended up going to jail.  On a bright side I bought my first locker. I paid $250 and it looks like I will sell contents for roughly $1000. It had a PS3, a Nintendo 3ds, 3 Nintendo DsI's, a wii, they all had several games to go with. It also several power tools. It's the first unit I have ever purchased

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Went to an auction and there was a man living inside the unit
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 12:26:45 PM »
It's the first unit I have ever purchased

You did well. It was an anomaly. The next 49 (if you last that long) will be crap. Happy New Year !

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 12:35:07 PM »
You did well. It was an anomaly. The next 49 (if you last that long) will be crap. Happy New Year !

Quit being so optimistic.

That's really funny that someone was inside the unit. Well, actually it's not really funny when you think about his situation. Did they move on and sell the other units or did everyone wait there until the guy was arrested? 

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 12:41:32 PM »
They made everyone wait. Then they sold his stuff. He had made a make shift bed to sleep on.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 12:45:01 PM »
There are auctioneers here that if guns are showing they take, turn over to police, then if they (and you) are legal you get them.....

I think they same rules should apply!   He was in unit.  You bought contents of unit.  He's yours!   ;D

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:46:17 PM »
On a bright side I bought my first locker. I paid $250 and it looks like I will sell contents for roughly $1000.

Don't open any 5-gallon pails you might find! :)

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 01:50:06 PM »
I didn't buy his unit. There was however a gallon jug visible that was not full of water. This unit had literally 400 plus hotwheels all opened and played with. What do you guys do with them?

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 02:26:09 PM »
I didn't buy his unit. There was however a gallon jug visible that was not full of water. This unit had literally 400 plus hotwheels all opened and played with. What do you guys do with them?

I have a guy that deals in hot wheels.....
If you can't find a hot wheels dealer its a long, long night of research for you!
Google each one.  Personally, I'd do a cursory look thru. Pick ones that look good, old....
 Or google 'sought after' or 'rare' or something like that then scan your pile. 

After that, ebay as a lot.

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 07:19:19 PM »
They are all newer. I'll probably do just that. Thanks

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 08:01:32 AM »
Public Storage had one maybe 3 years ago that they opened the door and it was just a bookcase full of vhs tapes a giant leather chair, an area rug under the chair for some class of course, a water cooler, a television and a camcorder.

Basically the guy would just film himself masturbate .... and then watch it while he masturbates ... and film it while he masturbates watching himself masturbate.  An endless loop of depravity! :-\

Luckily he wasn't in there.  I think the room went for 300 or some ridiculous number like that.  it was at the height of storage wars mania.  "there must be other recording equipment in the room ..etc."

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 11:25:51 AM »
There are auctioneers here that if guns are showing they take, turn over to police, then if they (and you) are legal you get them.....

I think they same rules should apply!   He was in unit.  You bought contents of unit.  He's yours!   ;D

You must own a house with a basement.  ;)   Kidding of course.

Offline EdwardThirlwall

• Re-inventing the concept of storage
    • View Profile
    • Storage Facilities Australia
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 04:36:45 AM »
I'm finding these stories really funny! Seems like a lot of things slip into the self storage units even with regular checks and I can understand the frustration coming from you guys. Just to add my 2 cents worth, I'm glad that I'm understanding a little bit more each time I read into the forums and hope that I can apply what I learn to my own outlet.

xx
Unit with a car inside.

Started by alloro

6 Replies
Last post November 12, 2011, 08:37:44 AM
by elvisluvs
xx
Living in a storage unit.

Started by Zao24

24 Replies
Last post November 23, 2012, 02:38:05 PM
by Travis
xx
Has anyone ever bought a unit with a coffin inside?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post February 13, 2013, 09:34:42 PM
by Travis
xx
Buyer Wins Unit with Two Kids Inside

Started by the teacher

2 Replies
Last post December 19, 2014, 03:57:10 PM
by alloro