Storage Auctions

Got a 5x10

Got a 5x10
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:48:28 PM »
Bought my first unit in 3 months today. It is a packed 5x10. Only things I could see from the door where an old dryer, a 27 inch tv a 17inch tv and a couch turned on the end and a few small bags blocking the view. This was a unit with the tiny house size doot on it so it should be interesting to get the stuff out.
I don't hold out much hope of a score but I only paid $110 for the unit and feel certain I will at least break even. If there is anything good hidden in the back, that will be even better.
I hope to get it emptied out tonight. I will report back tomorrow.

Re: Got a 5x10
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 04:02:09 PM »
Sounds like the type of unit I stay away from.  I just don't have room for furniture and those TVs would cost me $10 each to dispose of if they don't work.

Hope you do well with the unit however.  May the unit fairy leave you a goodie or two behind sofa #1.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 04:06:38 PM »
keep us informed, sometimes those packed units pay off, then again sometimes its just rounds to the dump.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 04:31:33 PM »
Let us know what happens!

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »
Sounds like the type of unit I stay away from.  I just don't have room for furniture and those TVs would cost me $10 each to dispose of if they don't work.

Hope you do well with the unit however.  May the unit fairy leave you a goodie or two behind sofa #1.

Your lucky to give a tube TV around here away.

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 10:22:22 AM »
No hidden treasure whatsoever. I got one small dresser, 3 chest of drawers, one dryer, 2 TVs, a couch, a small microwave and a whole bunch of clothes I put in the goodwill container last night.
Looks like a small profit unit but at least I got back in the game and I'll take a small profit while I hunt for the big winner.
Of course, I do have one dump run with the king size mattress and box springs.

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 10:39:35 AM »
 The mattress and box spring will cost from $ 50 to $ 100 to dispose of Legally here in Taxachusettes.
Plus You legally can't sell a used one unless you have it sterilized .
   I can't wait to leave this Looney Left Funny Farm
  http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXV/Chapter94/Section273

Bandit

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 12:01:39 PM »
It's only five dollars at my local landfill. They recycle them.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 12:03:21 PM »
The mattress and box spring will cost from $ 50 to $ 100 to dispose of Legally here in Taxachusettes.
  http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXV/Chapter94/Section273

Bandit

Craigslist FTW! Can always lie! Lol

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 01:23:18 PM »

Have you tried contacting local homeless shelters, battered women shelters, et cetera to donate them? That law just seemed to cover resale, so those places might be able to take them as donations. I've heard of people doing that here in CA as long as the mattress isn't totally trashed.

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 09:27:09 PM »
FYI for GA members.  I checked the GA office of consumer affairs website, and you can sell them.  I had been told by several people that you could not. 

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 06:15:03 PM »
I got some of those trash TV's.  Cant wait to run an extension cord out to them, plug em in and start emptying magazines into em.

Wife already gave me the OK.. thats all the permission I need..