Storage Auctions

im glad average intellegence of people as a whole is quite low

im glad average intellegence of people as a whole is quite low
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
Otherwise i wouldnt have been able to score this locker for 25 bucks. And easily quintuple my investment.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: im glad average intellegence of people as a whole is quite low
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:32:46 AM »
We have the same intelligent level here but it is driving the prices up not down.  ???

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 06:01:21 AM »
It all just depends on the units you see and the number of people there.  I learned yesterday that the unit from Sat that I really liked (5x10 or so) filled with totes and boxes must of sold for over $350.  I like mystery but didn't see anything close to $300+.

While yesterday I scored 2 units for $15.  $10 for a closet size unit with a yamaha keyboard and odds / ends.  $5 for a closet size unit with just a mini-dorm fridge in it.  Fridge powered up so will check this morning that it's cold.  If so that was an easy profit.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 07:30:12 AM »
Gotta agree with money4nothing.  Went to a couple auctions yesterday and recognized maybe 3 outta 60 people.   Yep.....Newbies looking for the 'wow factor'.  I bid on 3 lockers~won 0.  One full of antiques, which I love.  I bowed out after $650 as the boxes towards the back were laying on their sides empty~major red flag!

Followed the crowd to the next facility, which was only a couple miles from home (we live rural).  The last unit was a 5X10 with a bunch of VHS tapes, books and maybe 2 chairs.  I told my husband it's a $25 locker that, with this crowd, will go for $250.  It was at $270 when I was walking to the truck......

Rough day~
Congrats to those making the quick strike.......wish that would happen here in Tucson~

***sigh***

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 09:02:33 AM »
Otherwise i wouldnt have been able to score this locker for 25 bucks.

I almost never correct people's grammar, but seeing as how this is about putting yourself above the intelligence level of those around you, I'm making an exception.

"im glad average intellegence of people as a whole is quite low"
Should read: "I'm glad the average intelligence of people as a whole is quite low."

I'd say you're pretty much right where you belong! :P

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 09:18:27 AM »
I almost never correct people's grammar, but seeing as how this is about putting yourself above the intelligence level of those around you, I'm making an exception.

Don't get me started !  Ok, here's one for you.

In the quote above, your assertion ... "...seeing as how this is about..." would be less colloquial if you used "since" instead of "seeing as how".  Also, the use of "this" could be improved in the following manner (IMHO).

"....since this thread is about...."    ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »
Whoops !  In several places in the post just above I used more than the prescribed number of periods for an ellipsis.

Sorry !

And for those who are interested (and even for those who are not)....

el·lip·sis
   [ih-lip-sis] Show IPA

noun, plural -ses  [-seez] Show IPA.
Grammar .
a.
the omission from a sentence or other construction of one or more words that would complete or clarify the construction, as the omission of who are, while I am,  or while we are  from I like to interview people sitting down.

b.
the omission of one or more items from a construction in order to avoid repeating the identical or equivalent items that are in a preceding or following construction, as the omission of been to Paris  from the second clause of I've been to Paris, but they haven't.

Printing . a mark or marks as ——, …, or * * *, to indicate an omission or suppression of letters or words.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 10:11:49 AM »
Yes i am fully aware i left out "the" in the title.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 10:29:45 AM »
Yes i am fully aware i left out "the" in the title.

We're also missing a couple commas, but who's counting?   :P

And the average intelligence isn't low, it's just, well, average.

xx
What is the average amount of people your flee market gets

Started by bwd111

1 Replies
Last post October 19, 2011, 02:12:39 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Hello all. Glad to be here.

Started by Highlander

4 Replies
Last post February 22, 2011, 03:53:28 PM
by MovieMan