Storage Auctions

iPad for research at remote locations

Offline Alias

• View Profile
Re: iPad for research at remote locations
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 11:42:19 PM »
Anyone have the samsung galaxy?  I want a tab that I can use as a hotspot and have heard they can, though sounds like you have to pay for a higher data plan.

Have the iPod touch and luckily live in a techy area so wifi is not hard to find. I'd be lost without it in the research department!! Saved me and made me so much!   Looking to upgrade but still haven't decided which tab will best suit me.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 11:40:20 PM »
It's official !

iPad is "paid off" completely thanks to researching items at fleas, etc.

I bought it in late Nov, 2011 and 2 months later it is completely "paid off".

Today I sold an item for $330 that I had paid $10 for. Also sold for $185 an item I had paid $5 for.
These were extreme cases of course, but they were part of the plan for this kind of picking and I got both
of them from same dealer at my flea about 3 weeks ago.

Of course it helped a lot that the dealer didn't know what he had and that I got there before the other pickers did.
When I arrive at 5:45 a.m. for my reserved spot I head right out with flashlight in hand and make the rounds. Several of the major pickers don't get there until first light .... 7 or so. Oh well, early bird gets the goods.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 06:31:54 AM »
That is great Movieman !!!!!!

Wow you get there early. Most of the vendors at ours are not there until later. And most I have seen know what they have. Not that I would know. Still working on the knowledge.  ???

:D

Did miss one while setting up. Hand painted old window $5. Another vendor came up with it and asked what we would price it at I said at least $45. So he did. Husband said I saw that over there.  ::) In booth across from us. Oh well.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 08:34:05 AM »

Wow you get there early. Most of the vendors at ours are not there until later. And most I have seen know what they have. Not that I would know. Still working on the knowledge.  ???

At my flea if you have a reserved space you have to get there by 6 a.m. If you don't check in they sell your space to a "daily" vendor who is lined up ready to get it !

There are about 250 or so vendors at my flea. I haven't broken it down percentage wise by vendor type specifically, but there are what I would call "garage/yard sale" vendors (like us), "wholesalers" who sell "made in China" new goods and toilet paper, and food or produce vendors.  Of the garage sale vendors, many are hispanic, some black, most caucasian....within those ethnic groups there are people who represent all orders of intelligence with the bulk being average or below...that's where the money is to be made for those who know what to buy...the rest is just luck in getting there first with that knowledge.

The chief "picker" has 15,000 plus feedback on eBay (not me...I'm at about 850). He never stops at my booth as he knows I am competition and won't sell him anything cheap. He does not sell at the fleas.

The next picker has 6,000 plus feedback on ebay. He sells at the same flea I do and they both shop the other 3 fleas in our immediate area.

One of the guys who has sold for 8 years at my flea has just quit the flea (at least for a while) to do nothing but picking and he drives up to 90 miles to go to other fleas for picking...that's too much for me.

Anyway, picking seems to be working right now.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 09:11:40 AM »
At my flea if you have a reserved space you have to get there by 6 a.m. If you don't check in they sell your space to a "daily" vendor who is lined up ready to get it !

Anyway, picking seems to be working right now.

Thought ours was big, not so much. If we pay in advance our space is our space. The Market opens at 8:00 AM. Have not seen it sold out.

We do have a Flea like that. Sell your space if you don't show and then charge you a fee for not being there. Is one of the busiest in the area. A Drive for us. 35 miles away. but would take a hour to get there. Drive through three towns.

Picking is working the best for us too. Our yard sale returns are better than the lockers, Think it is just faster return on investment. And the equipment auction once a month really paying off. Husband buys lots at $5.00 each the first one he got we are still selling out of it. LOL  We say the gift that keeps on giving.  ;D. Got it from a fellow locker buyer.

Going to hit an Antique action house box lot auction this coming weekend. May pay off. Right down the road so want hurt to go see. Antiques we know a little bit about.

Offline Alias

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »
GameStop had 50% trade bonus on top of 10% membership bonus.
So went in and traded all the games and systems I've collected over the past year.

Was really surprised at how much it all added up to. Most of it I tried to eBay and not a bid to be had.
Only got $30 for the DS but some of the games were $20/ea.
They even took some items they normally don't buy since I had so much. Tho not the playstation's (first one) but play-n-trade will take those for $10/ea

Anyway...the point of this post in THIS thread.....
Was enough that instead of credit they gave me a used iPad 2!!

Had to get it from another store so won't get it till tue/wed. 
Will give my review when I get it!!

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 12:30:32 AM »
MovieMan
  Thanks for the very informative post .
 I have never given any of the " Newer Gadgets " a thought before  last weekend .
We were at an auction in the back row , and the guy next to me made the remark  that there is a chip on the item the auctioneer is holding up ??? He then passed me his iPad with the auction zip picture of the item .
  He bought an older unit ( didn't like the newer ones )  and does what you do with it , also on at&t @ $ 15.99 a mo.
  We are seriously thinking getting one . Plus a Square for the Brimfield Flea Market .
Bob

Offline Alias

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 01:29:13 AM »
I do the mobile hotspot. $100 device, $60/month unlimited data.
Device is about the size of iPhone.
Can use that instead of getting data plan 2yr commitment on phone.
But can also run my iPad. Home Internet. Laptop. Xbox. BlueRay player.
Five devices can be run at once. Friends love it cause they connect to ghost in the car instead of wasting data plan. And I have Internet in hotels without paying $20/night.

Down side is you have an extra little thing to carry around. Not bad if I have laptop bag or out and about. But day-to-day, carrying it just for phone/iPod data is a pain, leave it in the car most times. Or the girls purse. :)

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »
Come May I may get one of the surplus Ipad2s.  I have 4 phones on my cell plan right now.  In may I can cancel one of those lines (wife upgraded her phone by adding a new line - cheaper).  So I can then add just the data for the ipad to my cell phone bill and still have it go down.

I have just about worn out my cell phone.  I use it more and more for ebay sales, research, checking / sending email, etc.  Figure will be easier and better to do it on a Ipad or tablet so can save my battery on phone.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 01:00:28 PM »
GameStop has iPad2 16GGB for $350.  (No 3G, just WiFi)

If you have a membership they are offering 20% extra buy back bonus.  So trade in some old consoles and games, iPhones, iPods.......

Think my iPad2 has been the best purchase I've ever made.   Even the CL app is decent now.  Still some dislikes but nothing major.
It has helped me make money, really has saved me money and saved me from making some bad purchases.

With the Bluetooth keyboard and SD card reader I rarely even use my laptop anymore.

The iPhone was handy, the ipad is useful.......

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 01:12:39 PM »
I just bought a used iPad2 for my wife. She loves it. I learned a few things about used iPads while shopping for them. #1 These things hold their resale value like a Mercedes! #2 Condition is everything. Protect it with screen guards and rubber cases. The iPads that were listed in pristine condition (no scratches, dings or marks) sold for $50-100 more than others in average to good condition. #3 Save the box and keep it in good condition. iPads without the box sold for $20-30 less than ones with the box.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 01:26:03 PM »
I do 3M clear bra application on cars.

Have tons of scrape if you want some.  Stuff takes a beating!!
Same stuff thy charge $50-$75 at the mall for.

Also, just got a new case from brookstone.  When you close it auto turn off and tuns back on when you open it.  Pretty cool. Best case I've had so far.  Durable.  Ipad just pop out if you need to.  Camera hole actually line up and doesn't give a halo......

xx
Remote Controll airplane products.

Started by Milton

0 Replies
Last post April 28, 2010, 06:25:49 PM
by Milton
xx
Free Storage Auction Dates-Times-Locations Lists For You Newbies

Started by rulesforrebels

2 Replies
Last post April 29, 2011, 08:32:07 PM
by Travis