Storage Auctions

so a friend of mine whos been in the croud on every auction show

so a friend of mine whos been in the croud on every auction show
« on: November 30, 2011, 10:30:50 AM »
Told me yesterday they give them 5000 bucks to buy lockers with. Meaning they dont even need to spend their own money:..

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: so a friend of mine whos been in the croud on every auction show
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »
If that's true.....SIGN ME UP !  ;D

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »
Why bother going to an auction when the deck is stacked? TV time I guess...Those reality shows are warping reality.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 07:45:21 PM »
Told me yesterday they give them 5000 bucks to buy lockers with. Meaning they dont even need to spend their own money:..

So that is why they pay so much not their hard earned cash. With Movieman sign us up. :)

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 08:43:55 PM »
This doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother others. We all know they get paid to do the shows, so what does it matter if they're paid at the auctions or get a check in the mail. It's still money they do whatever they want with.

As for a stacked deck, if they want to overpay for a locker, let them. They'll walk away having done all the work and maybe lose some of that $5k.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 09:53:27 AM »
They also get paid to do the promos on the commerical you see talking about the show. Nothings for free

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 06:24:44 PM »
  I wonder how much the ones that do the Really Hard Work get paid ?
You Know ,    The one's that go out and find the rare items that they Buy and Hide in the lockers  ::)

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »
According to him they never touched the lockers which is surprising

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 11:27:35 PM »
Give me the 5000 and I don't need to bid on a locker!

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 02:53:00 AM »
U would by the time next month rolls around

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 06:06:11 AM »
Of course they are getting paid. The show is about the 4 of them going to storage auctions. At $5000 per show that would be $100,000 a year (based on 20 shows a season).  For a show that has jumped up to 5 million viewers I'l bet they are getting more money on the side. Even now Jarod & Brandi are selling the hot wheel cars on e-bay. I see them at lea markets here for $1 & $2 and they autographed theirs and they are getting $45 to $60 for each car.

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 07:52:31 AM »
That's what drives me crazy about shows like this. They drive prices up all across the board. I go to yard sales and people inflate their prices because they saw it on tv.  The guy on Storage Wars the other night said he got a locker full of garbage for  a deal when he paid $850. 

In my opinion it has gotten worse this season because now they are trying to justify why they overspent.  Pricing old worn out items at a super inflated cost.  On that episode where brandi and jarod purchased the locker for $3000, Jarod priced the glassware at $200. What?! The receiver he priced at virtually brand new prices.

These actors over price their items because they can probably get those prices now that they are famous. That's fine for them, but frustrating for store owners. People come in all day trying to pawn their old tube tv's off on me for $50 because they saw an episode of xxx that said they could sell them for that much.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »
That's what drives me crazy about shows like this. They drive prices up all across the board. I go to yard sales and people inflate their prices because they saw it on tv.  The guy on Storage Wars the other night said he got a locker full of garbage for  a deal when he paid $850. 

In my opinion it has gotten worse this season because now they are trying to justify why they overspent.  Pricing old worn out items at a super inflated cost.  On that episode where brandi and jarod purchased the locker for $3000, Jarod priced the glassware at $200. What?! The receiver he priced at virtually brand new prices.

These actors over price their items because they can probably get those prices now that they are famous. That's fine for them, but frustrating for store owners. People come in all day trying to pawn their old tube tv's off on me for $50 because they saw an episode of xxx that said they could sell them for that much.

Old tube TVs are hard for me to sale. Most of the time I throw them out after sitting on them for awhile. Highest I ever sold them for was $25

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 01:09:15 PM »
Old tube TVs are hard for me to sale. Most of the time I throw them out after sitting on them for awhile. Highest I ever sold them for was $25

In my area, Goodwill sells them for $10-$25 and they are decent TVs. The bigger TVs can get as high as $200 for rear-projection big screen.

Basically, that is what we are all competing against.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 02:49:53 PM »
Give me the 5000 and I don't need to bid on a locker!
Very true! I spent $50.00 in gas and went to the old mine town and found 1,245 in gold nuggets last week. Thats better than any locker ive bought for 50 bucks.

xx
Possibly a gold mine?

Started by isubbie

13 Replies
Last post March 19, 2012, 11:14:49 PM
by calcoastgal
xx
My friend is a Storage Facility Manager and he says

Started by bwd111

21 Replies
Last post August 01, 2011, 11:59:37 AM
by bwd111
xx
Mistake or gold mine? I own a haunted house setup now.

Started by greywar

5 Replies
Last post June 24, 2013, 02:57:06 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Whatever happened to Jarrods helper/friend Mark?

Started by bmovies

2 Replies
Last post August 26, 2017, 11:26:57 PM
by ThomasMaloney