Storage Auctions

Second Unit not as great as my first

Second Unit not as great as my first
« on: September 03, 2011, 03:18:25 PM »
Well I figured I had some beginner's luck with my first unit.  It had a jewelry box and some cool antiques and I only paid $280 and tripled my money on it.

So, I went to another great auction this week and won another for $250.  There were over 26 units up for auction!  There were only about 40 bidders.  Some people bought several units and I stayed clear of the larger ones since I am not ready for those yet.  Anyways, what caught my eye was what appeared to be an antique clock.  I figured with one antique there would be more.  Unfortunately what I thought was an antique was not.  It had a battery that was corroded.  Hmmmm.  Also, it was packed with old stuffed animals with rat feces all over them.  What is up with the stuffed animals?  Why in the heck do people pay money to store that crap?  I like fuzzy cute things but after digging through bag after bag of stuffed dirty toys I have never hated them as much as I do now! ;) The only good things in the locker were several Marine Corp uniforms, which I am trying to sell online, one WW2 Navy Crackerjack uniform (Might sell for some good money) and some china.  Any advice as to where to sell china?  I heard replacements LTD did not pay well?  I might go with them anyways since I am not sure what else to do with the china.  It is not a complete set just cups and saucers.  Sigh.  I guess some units are just better than others.  I kind of figured. ;)

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Second Unit not as great as my first
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 05:02:49 PM »
Well I figured I had some beginner's luck with my first unit.  It had a jewelry box and some cool antiques and I only paid $280 and tripled my money on it.

So, I went to another great auction this week and won another for $250.  There were over 26 units up for auction!  There were only about 40 bidders.  Some people bought several units and I stayed clear of the larger ones since I am not ready for those yet.  Anyways, what caught my eye was what appeared to be an antique clock.  I figured with one antique there would be more.  Unfortunately what I thought was an antique was not.  It had a battery that was corroded.  Hmmmm.  Also, it was packed with old stuffed animals with rat feces all over them.  What is up with the stuffed animals?  Why in the heck do people pay money to store that crap?  I like fuzzy cute things but after digging through bag after bag of stuffed dirty toys I have never hated them as much as I do now! ;) The only good things in the locker were several Marine Corp uniforms, which I am trying to sell online, one WW2 Navy Crackerjack uniform (Might sell for some good money) and some china.  Any advice as to where to sell china?  I heard replacements LTD did not pay well?  I might go with them anyways since I am not sure what else to do with the china.  It is not a complete set just cups and saucers.  Sigh.  I guess some units are just better than others.  I kind of figured. ;)

Replacements LTD was the only one I knew of, however I never have sold to them. China seems to be a little difficult to sell, even brand new in the box on a discontinued item. Now if it is vintage or antique china, you could take it to an antique store.

Re: Second Unit not as great as my first
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 07:13:36 PM »
Sorry but I had to sort of laugh about the stuff animals.  Father and I stopped our bid on a unit that had a roll-top desk that he wanted.  The reason we stopped wasn't just because the bid went over $150.  It was partly due to the 4 large bags of large tiger, leopard, etc. stuff animals.  These looked in good shape but if I was to bring them home I'd never be able to get rid of them.  If had won the unit they were going to be dropped off in the middle of the night at my sisters house for her little girls and not mine :)

xx
Pic's of a great unit Im going to bid on

Started by bwd111

4 Replies
Last post August 25, 2011, 08:17:03 AM
by rugie
xx
Newb gets a great unit!

Started by tlc6175

6 Replies
Last post February 29, 2012, 09:11:46 PM
by tlc6175