Storage Auctions

We landed a decent locker today~

Re: We landed a decent locker today~
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 08:46:59 AM »
Well after sleeping on it (the idea not the light) I'm going to put the runway beacon on CL for a high price (just shy of $200) with $100 being the absolute bottom dollar.  While it is very cool, I can't keep it all.  So for sale it is~

craigslist~I shot ya a message re: pics....

I, too, was shocked that the unit didn't go higher.  One old boy said $1000 easy if the bike is included.  Lucky for us it didn't as that was our final bid.  Had our whale placed one more bid, his count would have been 6 on the day.

I've always said I want the first locker of the day.  Seems after that a sort of feeding frenzy begins.  Pretty happy with the crowd & prices yesterday.  All seemed relatively 'normal'~

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 09:46:02 AM »
Just sent you an email Rockin.  Hopefully it will make some sense to you.  Try it with your own picture.  If follow what I have you get the following picture (my payphone unit).

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 01:01:10 PM »
Just sent you an email Rockin. 

Didn't find any instructions in any emails~
gonna try something here...

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 01:02:28 PM »
Hey? Did it really work?  Anybody else see a rough-assed Yamaha Big Wheel and a really messy backyard?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 01:11:47 PM »
Hey? Did it really work?  Anybody else see a rough-assed Yamaha Big Wheel and a really messy backyard?

Yep, it worked !  Now when you find a box of gold bars you can post a pic.  ;)

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »
Yep, it worked !  Now when you find a box of gold bars you can post a pic.  ;)
No prob MovieMan.....you'll be the ??  well not first, second or third, but top 100 at least!

Now here is the stool and a platform rocker I hope to have reupholstered by Sat (antique fair) and a big old rockin' chair!

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 01:40:06 PM »

Yea, we can tell you're not worried about a storm or shower popping up! I guess rain outs are few and far between. You guys must hope for sandstorms to keep the newbies home.  ;)

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
Love the stool.

And your yard looks like ours.... sure you were not in it? LOL

Well I do have tarps and a roof over it. But other wise looks the same.

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »
Love the stool.

And your yard looks like ours.... sure you were not in it? LOL

Well I do have tarps and a roof over it. But other wise looks the same.

I know! and that is the most organized we've ever been after unloading a decent-sized locker! :D

I just double-checked on my piano bench and found this one with the exact base, just a different seat:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270953877022

Thought about taking it to the antique fair this weekend, but heck.....can't even come close to what they're willing to pay on ebay~
Have to get it listed I guess.

And with our yard....if you look at the first pic of the stool where the archery target is......our property line is actually another 1/4 acre beyond that.....so we can expand!! :o

edit to say~alright....which one of you guys managed to have a banner ad at the bottom of my screen that says "Storage Sheds Tucson"?!?!   8)

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »
Looks like the piano stool on ebay.

I would not recover it. Leave it the way it is. Could take it to the sale this weekend and ask what ever the price is at when you go... Might get a bite.  I have an old Victorian ladies chair (well it is my Aunts) price $75 have not sold it but had a lot of lookers they stopped.  ;)

Kinda like that missing the wheels.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Victorian-Walnut-Burl-Carved-Parlor-Chair-circa-1870-/400286643751?pt=Antiques_Furniture&hash=item5d32f17627

Maybe I should put it on ebay...  :o  Yeah right. LOL

Oh you might need to send me a note on  how you posted your pictures...  ::)

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 05:45:59 PM »

Oh you might need to send me a note on  how you posted your pictures...  ::)

Still trying to figure out MovieMans way I see~ :D

You have to have your pics hosted somewhere online (mine are at the Kodak Gallery).  Open both windows.  Click on the 2nd icon, lower left above (the one that looks like a pic).  You should then see two sets of bracketed letters (img).  Open the picture then right click on it.  You'll have numerous options.  Click 'view image info' and you should be given a link.  Right click that link and copy it.  Insert that between the brackets and it should show up.

Wow!!  that sounds as confusing as MovieMans instructions....... :-\

Good luck~

Oh and here is a lamp base we got out of Joans locker back in January!  This is toooooo cool!

ok....I'm just showing off now~ 8)

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 07:16:11 PM »
Still trying to figure out MovieMans way I see~ :D

You have to have your pics hosted somewhere online (mine are at the Kodak Gallery).  Open both windows.  Click on the 2nd icon, lower left above (the one that looks like a pic).  You should then see two sets of bracketed letters (img).  Open the picture then right click on it.  You'll have numerous options.  Click 'view image info' and you should be given a link.  Right click that link and copy it.  Insert that between the brackets and it should show up.

Wow!!  that sounds as confusing as MovieMans instructions....... :-\

Good luck~

Made me laugh. But you are right just as confusing...

Not really just need a better host than I was using.  ;)

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 08:45:39 PM »
Hmm - you never got my email?  That is strange since I did a reply to the email addy.  Oh well - glad you got it figured out Rockin.  I knew you could do it.

Wish I had as much flat space as you, I have 3 acres but most of it is wooded.  Of course then my wife would really start to hate me.  Keep enough stuff around just in the 2 buildings (4 sheds) and tarps.  Glad I don't have neighbors.

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 11:44:39 PM »
Rockin...what a beautiful piano stool! I would not do a thing to it except rub in some linseed oil.

The lamp would make a great table.....remove the lamp innards and add a clear piece of round glass.

Still working on the birdbaths! ;) One lamp is so ugly I cannot decide what to so with it - it is disassembled and spread across my kitchen counter. The other is done except I need to run by Lowe's and pick up a boob lamp.

Now that you know how to post pics, I'll just e-mail you mine to post! :P

Bev

PS: we have had major rain today and it is heading east....better shake out some tarps!

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 04:56:12 PM »
Well I'm sitting here listening to Don out tinkering with the big wheel.  It's running!!  I keep looking out in the yard (which is clean and organized, as we had rain last night~thanks bulldogmom for sending it over~) and thinking 'we bought a motorcycle?!'  The girls of course are "We bought a motorcycle!!!".

Was investigating them this morning and found numerous youtube videos by MisterBigWheel.  They are a blast and if ya enjoy off-road humor check 'em out.

this one is my favorite~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EtHUzfdYqE&feature=plcp&context=C431cd20VDvjVQa1PpcFPFW1iIs7AKeTubN_qyaSIOYqIrpNqT2Y4%3D

xx
Got one today, May 31, 2011 ..... decent price and looks like decent return !

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post June 06, 2011, 09:00:50 AM
by Mr Andersen
xx
Got one today....decent price with hopefully decent return !

Started by MovieMan

9 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 10:07:08 PM
by gravell
xx
Got a couple decent units today

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post December 17, 2012, 12:32:23 PM
by Travis
xx
Got a pretty decent unit today