Storage Auctions

vinyl 45's

Offline Millertime

• I Love Capitalism
    • View Profile
vinyl 45's
« on: February 12, 2013, 01:58:02 PM »
I have a collection of 366 vinyl 45's with their original sleeves. They span the late 60's to mid 80's. All the big names from rock, pop and disco are there. Stones, Elvis, Michael Jackson, Bee Gees etc. I have a solid offer of $100.00 for the lot, but a little unsure of their real value.  I prefer to sell them in one lot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: vinyl 45's
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 05:07:40 PM »
Vinyl is hard to value.   Not only condition of vinyl but sleeve and jacket can raise/drop price significantly.

And wht press it was and where.   I had a few that a quick search showed they were in the $150-$300 range.
Further research reveled it was worth about $2 since it was pressed by the American label and not the British label. 

I know a guy that buys thousands of LP's bulk.  Out of all he buys in a year only a handful are worth much.  Rest are sold off in the $1-$5 range....and he has a record shop as well as online store.

I'd google something like 'most valuable albums'  or 'artist' something.  Get a list of most wanted and then search thru your pile.    Or start entering each on eBay, at least older ones.....or just take $100 and call it a day.

xx
Where do you offload lp or vinyl records?

Started by parksleyman

4 Replies
Last post March 28, 2013, 09:38:14 AM
by MovieMan