Storage Auctions

Is the storage auction craze over?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Is the storage auction craze over?
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:31:16 AM »
Every 6 months or so for the past 4 years, we've talked about when the storage auction craze will finally end. Well, I think it's officially over at this point. People are bored with the storage auction reality shows and everyone who's wanted to give storage auctions a try has.

What do you think? Has the dust has finally settled?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Is the storage auction craze over?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 12:38:26 PM »
I'm not sure if it's "over" but it definitely has peaked.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 02:38:46 PM »
I would think that the people who would try and haven't already wont at this up looking swing of the economy. I think when there isn't jobs or opportunities that people will look anywhere to make a buck. things aren't great but they are not sliding and are going in a up direction at least.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 06:46:44 PM »
I think it peaked some time ago and is over.

Prices will probably never get back to what they were (low) because the regulars who have always bought are fighting for the few good lockers that are left (at least in my area).

The tv shows not only generated more buyers (for the last few years) but they showed tenants that "yes" their lockers would be sold. That resulted in people either paying their rent or getting their stuff out.

It's not like it used to be and probably never will be again. Time to move on to something more profitable.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 03:04:38 AM »
It's not like it used to be and probably never will be again.

Don't so sure, the public has a fairly short memory.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 05:13:22 PM »
I think New Buyer's point is well taken. Sure, the hoards of newbies and crazy bidding are over but all the "survivors" have been conditioned to accept the new higher prices. Still twice as high as the "good ole days" for a decent looking unit. Along with the fact that there are just fewer good units like there use to be. We still get a few new faces at every auction but it's not them who run the prices up. When they do stick around to bid they just follow suit and bid up like everyone else. They last a few weeks to a couple months then disappear.

Maybe it will take a little longer to weed out some of the survivors before prices can really come back down. At least gas prices have dropped. That has helped BIG TIME!  :72:

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 11:07:26 AM »
I would agree with that sentiment. For a while things were really crazy when storage auctions became a mianstream things after the shows and for a while after that websites, message boards, ebooks were  all the crazy as well as youtube videos. I think the attention has died down and agree with what you said in regards to nubes who wanted to check out an auction have, nobody watches the shows if they are even still running new episodes? I think in some ways its a good thing though getting things back to how they used to be.

Offline MikeMilez

• Author: "Storage Auction Authority"
    • View Profile
    • MikeMilez.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 05:16:51 PM »
The craze is definitely over.  Here's proof!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 09:35:41 PM »
I agree, people are no longer searching for storage auctions. The leaders in this niche have been established and people go directly to those sites.

However, search volume for Online Storage Auctions in on the rise.

Offline Henry

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 01:36:40 AM »
I don’t know if it’s over.  It may take some time for it to be over.  Though, it may calm down a bit.  I’m not really one to talk.  I’m just new to this myself.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 09:00:08 AM »
The ones I went to yesterday had at least 50 people there. Of course 1/2 the units up for auction were completely empty.

Offline Henry

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 07:15:53 PM »
The ones I went to yesterday had at least 50 people there. Of course 1/2 the units up for auction were completely empty.
That is something.  Did you feel that the lockers went for a price that was right or was it too high?  I hear a lot of people complaining that the increase in interest has risen prices.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 09:14:43 AM »
Some were low, some reasonable, and one was really high. It was a mixed bag, as usual.

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 10:50:53 PM »
In my area I haven't seen fewer buyers, just a HUGE decrease in quality.  It seems the shows have educated the renters to get their expensive stuff out before they default....or have the potential to default.   :41:

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 08:31:33 PM »
The peak is long over and has been for years. I think it will remain about the same. The shows have been on for ages, the lookie loos and curious people have come and gone. Anyone who's still interested is probably here to stay whether tring to earn a living or just a fun new hobby to pick up some cheap stuff for personal use.

xx
New Storage Auction Game - Auction Wars: Storage King

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post April 16, 2014, 08:17:37 PM
by Travis
xx
Abandoned Property Auction Listed on Virtual Storage Auction

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 05:48:42 PM
by Alias300