Storage Auctions

The WOW Factor

The WOW Factor
« on: March 18, 2011, 09:53:19 PM »
Well.... today, I had the privilege of moving the 2 units I bought stuffed full of office furniture that I bought Wednesday and boy did I sucker a buddy of mine into a doosy of a work day.

It turned out that both of these lockers were stuffed so full, we had to make 2 trips to both lockers and this was with a 17 foot box truck

I still have yet to inventory and photo all the items as just the move took about 7 hours...but on the rough side I have:

17 HON 6 ft Shelving units
12 HON Filing Cabinets of various sizes (all large)
9 Executive 6 ft Desks
4 solid wood shelving units
2 nice professional chairs 
2 great lamps (office / commercial)
1 full 3 panel cubical with corner desk (Kimbal Brand)
1 8 ft tall server tower with electrical outlets   
1 specialty blueprint/plan filing cabinet
1 8 ft tall commercial ficus tree (silk)
and a bunch more stuff

Not bad for my first buy at $460 total?

I think if I price it to move fast....$1,200 to $1,500 is a reasonable expectation...and that would be at fire sale prices

Now the selling fun begins!! ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: The WOW Factor
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 10:26:08 PM »

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:38:19 PM »

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 10:44:21 PM »
You're welcome and congrats on the good buy !  Looking forward to seeing a few pics.
I've had HONs before and they're good.

You must have a big place to store them and if I had them I think Craigslist would be my first stop, but maybe in your city you could even do an eBay for local pickup.

Good job !

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 10:51:26 PM »
You're welcome and congrats on the good buy !  Looking forward to seeing a few pics.
I've had HONs before and they're good.

You must have a big place to store them and if I had them I think Craigslist would be my first stop, but maybe in your city you could even do an eBay for local pickup.

Good job !

Hey Thanks...Yea..I plan on getting them all up on CL ASAP .....there is not much HON here in Tampa which is good and what is there people are asking top dollar for....

I was just looking and NEW...the brand of server tower I have goes for $300 to $400 AND SHOCKINGLY....
the blueprint file cabinets sell for $800 to $1700   

This lot could be worth upwards of 2K with the right buyers  ...haha

NOW....we need Movieman to get off the computer and bump that lockers bought number up before March ends....haha

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »
NOW....we need Movieman to get off the computer and bump that lockers bought number up before March ends....haha

Probably not going to happen....not many auctions in my area in the next two weeks. Might have to buy 8 in April !

AND....remember a couple of days ago when you were fed up ? !  What a difference a day makes in this biz.

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 11:04:11 PM »
Probably not going to happen....not many auctions in my area in the next two weeks. Might have to buy 8 in April !

AND....remember a couple of days ago when you were fed up ? !  What a difference a day makes in this biz.

Well...I remember ..but I readily admitted I was tired from driving from facility to facility and I even predicted that the next day I would buy and be high ......

I'm surprised not many auctions in CA over the next 2 weeks?  I think I have close to 40 on my calender for that timeframe and that does not include the low hanging fruit....that is JUST legal notices and independents

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »
I'm surprised not many auctions in CA over the next 2 weeks?  I think I have close to 40 on my calender for that timeframe and that does not include the low hanging fruit....that is JUST legal notices and independents

Well, there are a lot sure...but I'm not interested in driving very far and I don't NEED to, so....ok to take a break too. I'll have some news in a few days that will explain more.

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »
Well, there are a lot sure...but I'm not interested in driving very far and I don't NEED to, so....ok to take a break too. I'll have some news in a few days that will explain more.

You are staring in your very own storage auction reality show....aren't you??  haha   :P

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 11:49:08 PM »
You are staring in your very own storage auction reality show....aren't you??  haha   :P

That damn WikiLeaks !

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 12:21:07 AM »
How are the desks?  I think you've got 2k just in those alone, and that's selling them cheap!  You should be able to get 40-50 bucks each for the Hons (I just bought 22 of them two weeks ago and they are all gone).  I think you're looking at over 3k, bearing in mind that the Seattle market may be way different than yours.

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:53 AM »
How are the desks?  I think you've got 2k just in those alone, and that's selling them cheap!  You should be able to get 40-50 bucks each for the Hons (I just bought 22 of them two weeks ago and they are all gone).  I think you're looking at over 3k, bearing in mind that the Seattle market may be way different than yours.

Hey thanks!  I'm going to have them all on CL tomorrow and I will start the pricing leaving myself a little room and see where they go ..... Ill update with photos and progress as it happens..... 

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »
WOW Factor Photos...haha  Inventoried and photo'd all my items today...over 45 big items in total...
Not bad for $460  about $10 an item for mostly HON

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 04:41:34 AM »
You are being very realistic on you price expectations....especially with the filing cabinets $10-$20 each. If you have any 4 or 5 drawer lateral filing cabinets, they do much better $50-$80 each. If you have any photos of the desks, I would like to see pictures of them....I have never had good luck selling office furniture for more than a quarter of the original cost.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 04:45:22 AM »
Actually, I do see the desks in the back of the photo....are they solid wood...they look like veneer.
You might be able to get $40-$60 each on the ones made of MDF & veneer. Nobody wants them anymore because they are so heavy and out of style. They make great work benches or shop tables.

xx
Looking for the Wow Factor in Columbus Ohio

Started by billbill

4 Replies
Last post July 23, 2011, 07:41:29 PM
by AuctionFace
xx
The "Safe" factor...

Started by beauzero

11 Replies
Last post August 16, 2012, 08:39:36 AM
by beauzero