Storage Auctions

Hello from Tampa Bay!

Hello from Tampa Bay!
« on: December 01, 2011, 02:25:19 AM »
Hey their guys and gals! I recently stumbled upon these here forums and, after having a poke around, decided to register and try to contribute a little bit. Looks like a swell place with lots of good information to be had.

About me: I'm a junkaholic who's been thrifting, flea marketing and going to general auctions for quite a few years now. My main interests are media (cds, dvds, etc), books and generally weird stuff. What started out as an obsessive collector's hobby slowly morphed into a side business as I put myself through university (which took a looooooong time trust me! Lol!).

Now I do this as a living, and find myself treating it more like a business than I ever have in the past. Top-rated powerseller on ebay, etc. Lots of work. Lots of fun.

Despite having eyeballed them for awhile, I've never actually made it to a storage auction. To be frank they're a bit out of my scale at the moment. I'm more a low volume, highly research merchandise kind of guy. Plus, I don't really have the space to inventory all the stuff at the moment. One day that might change.

Anyway, I still find the storage auction world fascinating as a source of inventory and adventure. I'm also sure buying and selling techniques discussed here can ultimately benefit anyone interest; no matter where they do their buying.

Nice meeting ya'll and I look forward to sharing some info and some stories!

Jason

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Tampa Bay!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 04:21:28 AM »
Welcome aboard.

Wished you were into more of the auctions down there in Tampa. Would hit you up on how the market is down there.  :).  We are having to hit up yard sales and such because the storage auctions are out of control up here. Central Fl.  LOL 

Once again welcome and looking forward to your stories and selling advice.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 11:54:45 AM »
Welcome aboard

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 11:21:36 PM »
Welcome and enjoy!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 10:03:28 AM »

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 12:04:16 PM »
Another Tampa Floridian?!?!  I'm not alone.  Luckily and unluckily, you are not into storage auctions, and that's basically what I'm starting with.  Going to my first auctions on the 20th, from Tampa to Ruskin, so we'll see how it goes.  Hoping to pick up 1 or 2 lockers for around 500 dollars or so.  :)  If you are ever interested in going around, I've been looking for resources to find where auctions are at. 

xx
Hello from Tampa, Fl

Started by Biminy

3 Replies
Last post August 26, 2011, 09:40:12 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Greetings from another noobie - Tampa, FL

Started by BioCryptix

15 Replies
Last post December 09, 2011, 12:55:00 PM
by MatchesMalone