Storage Auctions

If stationed near a military base

If stationed near a military base
« on: July 27, 2011, 10:27:02 AM »
I have moved around the US for a few years now and if you are within a reasonable proximity of a military base, there is a website that lets you post items for sale. You do not need to be military or a dependent, it's basically a version of craigslist but is mostly viewed by wives of soldiers either looking to sell or buy, mostly household and kids stuff.

Example:
NC has braggyardsales.com
WA has lewisyardsales.com

The main hub to search for one in your area is bookoo.com, from there you can search for the closest one. I have found that some require a small fee (example, BYS asks us to pay $9 for a HUGE bumper sticker, take a pic of it on your vehicle, and upload the pic) and you get "free membership" for life, which allows picture posting. On LYS, this was not necessary. Some are really hopping, others are like a ghost town, I am not sure what factors determine the popularity.  This will also give an advantage to anyone who can drive onto a military base, since most wives live on post and I have found many good treasures from someone who has just been stationed in Germany/Italy/Japan, etc.
Hope this helps!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: If stationed near a military base
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:34:28 AM »
Interesting site....thanks for the tip !

There is a link to a local about 75 miles from me, but when I went to it, not yet developed.

I looked at the one at Camp Pendleton in southern CA....lots of stuff there.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:17:31 AM »
I have gotten some very good, very cheap stuff from people needing to go overseas, coming back from overseas, husband deploys and they're moving home, etc. Some people say "walk through my apt/house and name your price on what you want"
On the other hand, some people did that before moving overseas, and now they're back and have no furniture and need to buy decent furniture with all that terrible, horrible extra money they have from being overseas.
One person had beer steins from Germany that must have been fun while they were there, but regret them when they come back to US...I bought about 30-40 of them for my mom's collection, paid a total of $15.

If you can wade through the crap like Scentsy parties, Passion parties, Tupperware, etc, it's definitely got potential.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 02:35:07 PM »
I live next to bragg and didnt know about this site. Was pretty painful on the eyes.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 06:34:38 PM »
O wow, I was a military brat growing up, and in San Antonio we have several bases, Randolph AFB, Brookes Army Base, Kelly AFB, and Lackland AFB. And I never knew this.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »
Great information.Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 01:12:47 AM »
There is a booko.com for my area.  It is for a town about 20 miles from my house.

I went to the one close to here, and there are 6 listings total, and only 1 is for a real item, lol.  It is for a big bag of toddler toys.

I guess I should start piling it full of ads, since mine will be from only one of two real sellers on there. 

It looks to have a lot of potential, as long as it does not get completely spammed like a lot of local free classified ad sites.

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 01:17:02 PM »
I live just outside of a base being an army brat.  Our local site is there but still an infant.  Six pages of stuff with not much "junk" post isn't bad.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 05:42:40 AM »
nice website, even tho they aren't showing anything for Ft. Bragg, Pope AFB or Fayetteville...are showing Laurinburg which doesn't have a base, unless they count the NG Armory.

xx
Military Surplus

Started by blaknite

4 Replies
Last post February 06, 2014, 07:25:53 PM
by blaknite
xx
What military items have you gotten in a locker?

Started by MovieMan

9 Replies
Last post September 23, 2013, 11:58:14 PM
by drbecker
xx
Military Post Flea Market

Started by craiglstauction

0 Replies
Last post March 20, 2012, 06:35:22 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
Military Officer's Uniform In Unit