Storage Auctions

Now...I think this is getting a bit ridiculous

Now...I think this is getting a bit ridiculous
« on: March 08, 2011, 05:31:34 PM »
I just returned from an 8 hour marathon auction tour of 6 facilities and saw a total of 31 units auctioned off today.  Of the 31, maybe 5 were pretty nice but I can tell you, even with my limited experience, basically every one sold for WAY more than it should have. I saw many piles of pure junk go for 300 or more and the nice units were all around 1400 to $1500 and up....there might have been some potential in a few of the nicer ones I guess, if I am fair

The last stop of the day was a newer facility all indoor and it had a whopping 12 units on the block....the crowd was a record for this auctioneer...and they stopped counting at 100 people....kids, pets, wheelchairs....it was a total circus and a total sweatbox as well....haha .....I think there was about 130  to 140 people there and the bidding was furious....

There were so many cars there, they filled the entire lot, all of the grounds around the building and both sides of the street leading out from the facility all the way into a neighborhood....so much so that the sheriff was called during the auction by homeowners and was issuing parking tickets to many cars causing a big stir...

Obviously, I need to find a less popular and less advertised route as you will almost always overpay in this situation... and even with a nice wad of cash in my pocket, I sat tight as I am sure I can find better deals...or wait till the summer heat drives many of these people away!

I took some photos of the crowd but they simple do not do it justice..haha the ole iPhone cam is so limited
Honestly, this was ONLY a part of the crowd and a small part of the cars and trucks that were there that you see here!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Now...I think this is getting a bit ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 05:58:35 PM »
Welcome to our world.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 06:42:44 PM »
Welcome to our world.

Ha...well a couple of Wiley old vets told me these crowds would not last ...even with the shows...they attribute this to tax time (refunds) and the great weather right now in FL.  Come June/July/August...it feels about 110 in the shade with the humidity....If that were the case today, they would have needed an ambulance or fleet of them there for sure.

Plus ...I've already located a ton of "less" publicized auctions which are only listed in the Legal Notices and no where else....this circuit is plastered all over everywhere on the web....its the low hanging fruit 

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 06:49:02 PM »
Plus ...I've already located a ton of "less" publicized auctions which are only listed in the Legal Notices and no where else....this circuit is plastered all over everywhere on the web....its the low hanging fruit 

Please give us the report on those (with pics) when you go to them.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 07:02:50 PM »
Please give us the report on those (with pics) when you go to them.

Will do thanks....and thx for dropping this thread link on the lookey loo thread...haha  I didn't post it there originally because many..in fact MOST of these peeps were actual buyers (not at all skilled at it) but all bidding and loosing their shirts none the less....haha

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 07:46:57 PM »
ha I would like to see a picture of what it looked like in the tiny indoor hall right in front of an open closet size locker! Lol probably 20 heads peaking in at once!

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:32:33 PM »
ha I would like to see a picture of what it looked like in the tiny indoor hall right in front of an open closet size locker! Lol probably 20 heads peaking in at once!

Oh...its ridiculous...they make you form a single file line and you get to pass by the open locker for like 7 seconds and the whole time a woman is screaming "keep moving, don't stop"  the bids are always over like $500 or more on anything halfway decent before even half of the people have seen whats in the locker..haha 

xx
What do you think is the most ridiculous Olympic sport?

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post February 12, 2014, 01:10:20 AM
by alloro
xx
Ridiculous Craigslist Free Posts

Started by HomeGrownPromos

11 Replies
Last post April 23, 2013, 03:47:26 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Amazon shuts down store due to ridiculous clause