Storage Auctions

CB radios, electrical test equipment, technical publications

Let me know what you find in citizen band radios, base or mobile, and accessories.  Also, may be interested in some ham equipment if price is right.

I have a cb radio sales and service center I own and operate as a part-time gig (hobby that pays for itself, lol).

Items I mostly look for

CB radio equipment:

1.  mobile cb radios - newer 10 and 11 meter radios, some vintage depending on model and price
2.  base radios - depending on model
3.  rf amplifiers
4.  accessories - microphones (hand held or desk top), gear keepers, etc.

Electrical Test Equipment:

1.  Older Oscilloscopes
2.  Watt meters - Bird, Dosey, Simpson
3.  Frequency Counters
4.  B&K CB test center
5.  Frequency Generator
6.  Audio Tone Generator

Technical Publications:

1.  Sams Photofacts
2.  any books cb radio related, including old magazines

I also am looking for two decent hf mobile radios if anyone has some for a good price.

PM me here or shoot me an email to [email protected]

Dean

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: CB radios, electrical test equipment, technical publications
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:24:17 PM »
Just sent you a p.m.   .....   9:30 on the west coast.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 12:01:26 AM »
Just sent you a p.m.   .....   9:30 on the west coast.

PM replied

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
Y'all are killing me.

Few weeks back it was the post on how well car models were selling on eBay....the day after a huge estate sale full of them.

Now this post where everything you list was up for sale......LAST weekend!  >:(

Guy had whole wall of garage with equipment and radios and all that. 
But I guess I wouldn't have know what a good price to get it for was anyway.......in fact I didnt know wht a good 75% of the stuff was.

But still.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »
Y'all are killing me.

Few weeks back it was the post on how well car models were selling on eBay....the day after a huge estate sale full of them.

Now this post where everything you list was up for sale......LAST weekend!  >:(

Guy had whole wall of garage with equipment and radios and all that. 
But I guess I wouldn't have know what a good price to get it for was anyway.......in fact I didnt know wht a good 75% of the stuff was.

But still.

Your making me want to cry.  I've only been that lucky a couple of times.  Once a cb shop shut down and guy skipped town in the middle of the night.  The owner of the building gave me everything in there just to get it cleaned out.  Another decent one, a couple months ago I dropped $500 on about $3k worth of equipment a hobbyist just wanted to get out of his way since it had been stored since 1998 in his hobby shop.

I wish I coule have seen this guys stuff.  I need to find a garage sell that has a wall full of equipment.

Dean

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 01:13:50 PM »
Can you lead me towards a website or something so I can find out a little about his stuff?  Whats wanted, what's a good price?

Estate sale this morn and nothing like last one but little room in basement had a set up. Radio's, osiliscopes (sp?), other stuff I don't even know what they were. 

I don't know what I'm looking at or what to offer......Or (besides you) where to sell.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 04:49:22 PM »
Can you lead me towards a website or something so I can find out a little about his stuff?  Whats wanted, what's a good price?

Estate sale this morn and nothing like last one but little room in basement had a set up. Radio's, osiliscopes (sp?), other stuff I don't even know what they were.  

I don't know what I'm looking at or what to offer......Or (besides you) where to sell.

You can look at eBay and see basically what items go for and kinda base prices off there.
Prices depend on the working condition, cosmetic condition, and age.  Also, demand/popularity determines a lot of price too.

Items that are good to pick up would be 10 meter radios, and popular cb radios.  Oscopes tha work are always a good buy.  Most equpment will be hit or miss unless you know what u r looking at and if it works.

If you are going to sell any cb radios or test equipment, you will have to be able to test them and repair items to get a decent price.  If you can not honestly tell the condition of the item, most anyone will be looking at them as a parts or repair item, which as u know will bring a low price, unless it is just a highly sought after item.

You can search out the items on the net and get information for each one, as far as what they are, how they work, and what they are for.

When it comes to selling you can sell on different websites, forums, craigslist, and ebay.  And of course, I will be happy to buy stuff that I can resell or use in my shop, as long as I can work a profit in for my shop.

The only reason I can deal with cb radios and related equipment with ease is because I have been troubleshooting, repairing, upgrading, modifying, and selling them for 7 years.

If you want to ask more questions, please email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to answer them for you.  I just do not want to turn this thread into a Q&A session since it is not in a category for that.

xx
Quick way to test for gold

Started by HeavYMetaL

2 Replies
Last post October 03, 2011, 11:50:55 PM
by Bandit
xx
Restaurant Equipment

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post January 31, 2013, 09:44:38 AM
by craiglstauction